Thursday, April 23, 2015

Toby‘s Estate - West Village


            Tobys Estate is a roaster based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Tobys Estate has three locations throughout New York City, one in North Williamsburg, one in West Village and one in the Flatiron District inside the Club Monaco Flagship store. In this blogpost, I will be focusing the Toby’s Estate Coffee in West Village, Charles Street. The West Village location just opened this past winter in November, it is located at the corner of Charles Street and 6th Avenue. The location is small but they have window seats which I am all about. (Window seats = good natural lighting for pictures) There is also a huge standing table for people to just drink their coffee while reading today's paper. At the corner of the shop, there are two tables that have couches for people to lounge around with their friends on a lazy Saturday afternoon. The space always gets great natural sunlight which is one of the big thing that makes a good coffee shop to me. Who wants to drink coffee is a dark and gloomy place? I know I don't.

             Toby's roast their own beans in Brooklyn, their beans are guaranteed fresh for quality espresso drinks or just filtered coffee. Single origin is also another choice for pour over drinks. I personally love their Bedford blend for espresso drinks such as cortado, latte and cappuccino(it tastes wonderful by itself as an espresso too). The cold brew here is also impeccable, perfect for the spring and the hot summer days! The tastes of their cold brew is incredibly smooth without the bitterness one always find in a over steeped cold brew. I love their cold brew without any milk(it's not like I drink coffee with milk anyways), I think the taste of the cold brew is tolerable for people that cannot take the bitterness of black coffee. Besides coffee, Toby's also has a breakfast/food menu. For the breakfast menu they have granola with yogurt, avocado toasts and more. For pastries, they sometimes carry Ovenly pastries(my favorite vegan bakeshop) and donuts from Doughnut Plant. I strongly recommend to order a donut to go with your coffee. Well, I guess everything pairs well with a donut. 
Tea with succulents 
Cappuccinos with Ovenly cookie and canele, 

No comments:

Post a Comment